[U-Boot] {Spam?} u-boot-usb DFU working but need some ideas

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 10 09:04:09 CET 2011

Dear Marcel,

In message <201102100846.49072.korgull at home.nl> you wrote:

> I did create a new command "dfu" that activates the controller and DFU.
> I than used the GPBR register of the AT91 to make u-boot know that it has to
> activate DFU by script. Basically the value of the GPBR register either tells
> u-boot to wait for TFTP or DFU ways to upgrade.

Hm... Please keep in mind that DFU support is supposed to be
completely hardware independent - it should not only work on AT91
systems, and not even be restricted to ARM, but instead be usabel on
all architectures and boards.

> I'm on a real deadline for my project. I have to go on business trip end of
> next week and very limited in time. I finished u-boot for my companies products
> and I can post a full diff of it. I was hoping someone could help me out

I'm not sure what you mean by "full diff". If you think about posting
all your changes in a single patch, then please don't.  You have to
split the stuff into independent parts - DFU support is then just one
patch in your patch series.

> testing the patch on their board (either sam9g45 or using at91_udc ) and help
> me to post the changes to u-boot.

Thn it is all the more important to correctly split your changes into
independent (orthogonal) patches.

see http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The typical page layout program is nothing more  than  an  electronic
light table for cutting and pasting documents.