[U-Boot] {Spam?} u-boot-usb DFU working but need some ideas

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 10 20:26:39 CET 2011

Dear Marcel,

In message <201102102015.59437.korgull at home.nl> you wrote:

> The GPBR is optional in my code. I just use it because it's the nicest
> solution for me over the following options :

I haven't seen your code yet, so I may misunderstand what you are
actually referring to, but from what it sounds I think that should
not be optional, but strictly separate from the DFU code.

> Do you mean separate patches to add for example the sam9g45 USB controller and
> another patch to add DFU and another one to add my board ?

Yes.

> It does make sense to that, I just wonder how to generate those patches......
> I know which files I want to include in separate patches, but how do I do that
> ?

Normally you do this when developing the code.

If you already have alltogehter as a huge pile of a mess, then you
will have to go thtrough splitting this up.  Either completely
manually (ouch...) or by using git's interactive capabilities - for
example, "git add --interactive" can be used to select even single
lines from hunks of changes into the next commit.

Yes, this is a painful work, but it needs to be done to make your code
acceptable for mainline.

> Thanks again. I read most of it and try posting it like that. It does look
> like I'll be reading the git manual again.

Well, I have to look up certain details again and again, and I do not
hesitate to refer to certain cheat sheets either when I have to
perform non-trivial actions.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The universe, they said, depended for its operation on the balance of
four forces which they identified as charm,  persuasion,  uncertainty
and bloody-mindedness.      -- Terry Pratchett, "The Light Fantastic"