[U-Boot] Is it possible to load the uboot.bin file to RAM area instead FLASH?

Lei Wen adrian.wenl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:29:18 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Madhavi Manchala
<madhavi.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want to load the uboot.bin on to my target board through JTAG into
> the SDRAM area? Is it possible to load the uboot.bin file into the RAM
> are instead of FLASH area?
>
> Sorry, If I asked a silly question. I am new bie.
>
> are instead of FLASH area?

Certainly, it can.
But you should make sure your jtag already init the dram and then load
your uboot
exactly at the CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE.

If your sdram is large enough, or the uboot code is small enough, you don't need
the dram init. But begin at the TEXT_BASE still is a must.

Best regards,
Lei