[U-Boot] Is it possible to load the uboot.bin file to RAM area instead FLASH?

Madhavi Manchala madhavi.linux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 14:30:58 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Lei Wen,
>
> In message <AANLkTin7zsxVqjKp1Htovf44mtfkNsJR2DF9bSBkTBFR at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> If your sdram is large enough, or the uboot code is small enough, you don't need
>> the dram init. But begin at the TEXT_BASE still is a must.
>
> Hugh?  You _always_ must make sure the RAM has been initialized first.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Dear Wolfgang Denk and Lei,

Thanks for your information.

I build one u-boot.bin file for smdk2410 configuration. However, when
I try to load through JTAG, I am seeing the following error.

invalid download offset u-boot.bin

Am I doing any thing wrong? I set RAM BASE address as 0x00000000 in
the confiuration file as our board RAM starts from there only. Shall I
need to modify any thing in the config file?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Madhavi M.