[U-Boot] write to mcBsp address space

Bedia, Vaibhav vaibhav.bedia at ti.com
Tue Feb 15 15:49:06 CET 2011

On Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:05 PM, Ran Shalit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on OMAPL138 EVM board, with the U-BOOT.
> I'm trying to access and write into the register (which have
> write bits), but I always read 0 in all the map space of the
> mcBSP0 and mcBSP1. (0x01d10000 - 0x1d10800, 0x01d11000 -
> 0x1d11800).
> I wonder what I missed here. any ideas are welcomed.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Ran

Only the modules which are necessary are enabled in U-Boot. Most likely McBSP is not one of those.

You can check how other modules are enabled for da8xx and modify the code appropriately for experimentation.

If you have further queries on the McBSP in specific please post them on the TI E2E community http://e2e.ti.com in the appropriate forum.

Regards,
Vaibhav