[U-Boot] Problem booting on custom board (85xx)

Alden, Kevin kalden at srcinc.com
Wed Feb 16 17:00:07 CET 2011

Hello,

I have a custom board based on the Freescale P2020 RDB.  I am having trouble getting through the entire boot sequence.  Basically, I can't get a breakpoint to hit in board_init_r.

I can get a break point in the "in_ram" section of start.s though.  This executes all the way to the following loop
                /*
                * Now adjust the fixups and the pointers to the fixups
                * in case we need to move ourselves again.
                */
                li              r0,__fixup_entries at sectoff@l
                lwz         r3,GOT(_FIXUP_TABLE_)
                cmpwi   r0,0
                mtctr     r0
                addi       r3,r3,-4
                beq        4f
3:            lwzu       ri4,4(r3)
                lwzux    r0,r4,r11
                add        r0,r0,r11
                stw         r10,0(r3)
                stw         r0,0(r4)
                bdnz      3b

Basically, it spins through this loop for a while and eventually I get a TLB exception.  Is this just a cut and dry DDR configuration problem, or should I be looking at my Uboot setup?

Thanks,
Kevin