[U-Boot] Trouble with U-Boot on our EVM-based hardware

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Thu Feb 17 13:35:51 CET 2011

Hi David,

Le 16/02/2011 16:15, Schade, David a écrit :
> Hi Albert,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I also tried the U-Boot version for beagleboard, which comdes from
> git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git;protocol=git with revision
> ca6e1c136ddb720c3bb2cc043b99f7f06bc46c55 and a lot of patch files.

Hmmm.

ca6e1c13... is quite away from the current master branch tip. I suggest
you use the master branch (of the most appropriate git repo for your
board, mainline, ARM or OMAP).

Also, where does this "lot of patch files" come from? All the official
code is in the u-boot git repositories, and nowhere else.

> Is this not the mainline? With this source (and my changes, but
> the problem is in common code) I also get my problem, and the data
> stored to gd/bd_t is lost unless it is volatile.

Just because the issue appears in common code does not mean the cause is
there too.

> Who is responsible for this part of code, who can help me with this
> problem in the common code? Maybe this maintainer:
> Manikandan Pillai<mani.pillai at ti.com>
> omap3_evm	ARM CORTEX-A8 (OMAP3xx SoC)
> (file MAINTAINERS)

This is the board maintainer. If you suspect common code, there is no
reason to involve a specific board maintainer.

The best course of action is to send your patches to the list just like
any others but with an added "[RFC]" tag in the subject lines.

> Best regards,
>    David.

Amicalement,
--