[U-Boot] building enc28j60 for omap3: undefined references

jacopo mondi j.mondi at voltaelectronics.com
Fri Feb 18 14:12:25 CET 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 13:37:27 +0100
Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
> It seems to me that the driver goes out from receive function when no
> data are available. pkn_cnt is read directly from HW, and if the
> controller is not broken, it will not return any packets and the loop
> ends up.

You are right..

> Best regards,
> Stefano Babic

As said I'm trying to enable enc28j60 in beagle C4.
The device did not gets initialized because in eth.c, the
board_eth_init function is defined as __def_eth_init through an
__attribute__ weak statements (always return -1).

This is because in board/ti/beagle.c no board_eth_init function is
defined and libbeagle.o is not linked to libnet.o (where board_eth_init
gets called).
My question: have I to implement that function myself? Is it worth to
introduce a new #define statements in omap3_beagle.h that enables the
function in board specific file? I will be happy to do so, if it's
worth (I'm looking at top900 board specific file as an example).

Thank you