[U-Boot] building enc28j60 for omap3: undefined references

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Feb 17 13:37:27 CET 2011

On 02/17/2011 11:48 AM, jacopo mondi wrote:
> GOSH, I've exactly searched through the code for CONFIG_CMD_NET, but I
> did not noticed was an undef statment instead of a define!
> Everything's fine now. Thank you.

Your're welcome.

> Just another question. I've studied the linux enc28j60 driver and
> noticed it features an interrupt driven work flow.
> No interrupt are used in u-boot version (for what I've seen).

That is correct. As u-boot is a bootloader and no os, everything can be
done in a single task and polling is used when it is needed.

> Is it
> based on some sort of polling instead of interrupt? Isn't
> that dangerous? I mean, if there are no data available everything is
> going to freeze..

It seems to me that the driver goes out from receive function when no
data are available. pkn_cnt is read directly from HW, and if the
controller is not broken, it will not return any packets and the loop
ends up.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de