[U-Boot] building enc28j60 for omap3: SILICON ERRATA

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 24 00:32:53 CET 2011

Dear Anatolij Gustschin,

In message <20110223233201.09aee7e4 at wker> you wrote:

> No, please do not remove them. Fix the register access
> problem instead.
>
> > Anyway all read and write to enc fails.
> > Could that be related to omap3_spi implementation?
>
> Yes. If you use the omap3_spi driver in current mainline tree,
> then definitely the omap3_spi driver is the problem. enc28j60
> register and buffer access can not work with this current driver
> version.

There might also be other issues.

The omap3_spi driver was one of those affected by the bug fixed in
commit 495df3b "ARM: fix write*() I/O accessors", see
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/82841/

This is fixed in mainline now, so it might be wise to update the code
base and just try again.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
On the subject of C program indentation: "In My Egotistical  Opinion,
most  people's  C  programs  should be indented six feet downward and
covered with dirt."                               - Blair P. Houghton