[U-Boot] skip relocation

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Sun Jan 2 21:31:45 CET 2011

Dear Marcel,
>> Is there any example that boots from NOR ?

looking at the defines below, you are not really booting u-boot from NOR...

> #define CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT
If you do that, you must have an initial boot code before u-boot. See below...

> #define CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT
Not used anymore.

> /* SDRAM */
> #define CONFIG_NR_DRAM_BANKS		1
> #define PHYS_SDRAM			0x70000000
> #define PHYS_SDRAM_SIZE			0x08000000	/* 128 megs */
Those defines have had their names changed.

> #define CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE	128
This constant is wrong, use the auto-generated value.

> /*
>   * Size of malloc() pool
>   */
> #define CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE	128 /* 128 bytes for initial data */
This constant is wrong, use the auto-generated value.

 > Forgot to mention a few items :
 >
 > I flash the NOR at address 0x10020000
 > TEXT_BASE is 0x10020000

That really implies you have another boot program running before u-boot.
Proably AT91 bootstrap? Is it configured to jumo to 0x1002000, or does it copy
u-boot to some SDRAM address and jumps there?

Have a look at the current implementation for top9000 in u-boot-arm/master
and compare your files to it. Any differences to your code that are not board
and/or SoC specific probably have to be fixed in your board code or you should
be able to reason why it must be different for your board.

Best Regards,
Reinhard