[U-Boot] NAND: mxc_nand reads/writes only first 512 bytes of each page

Jason Liu liu.h.jason at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 15:40:02 CET 2011

Hi, Stefano,

2011/1/9 Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> My target is a mx35 board (not yet in mainline). According to the manual
> and checking the register set and their functionality, the MX.35 has the
> same nand controller as the i.MX25 processor (MXC_NFC_V1_1 in the
> mxc_nand driver). Probably there is the same issue with the i.MX25, too.
>
> The storage is a Samsung 2GiB (8-bit), 2KB page, sector size 256KiB, and
> CONFIG_SYS_NAND_LARGEPAGE is set.
>
> The flash is recognized correctly. However, after reading/writing, only
> the first 512 bytes of each page are correct. The rest is filled with
> random bytes. Under Linux (2.6.37) everything works flawlessy, however
> the driver in Linux is quite different as what we have in u-boot, and
> this makes a comparison quite difficult. Any hint how can I better
> investigate this issue ?

Have you set the page_size correctly with the following register?

49.4.3.7 Reset Control and Sourse Register - RCSR:

NFC_4K
This bit is used to config the NandFlash page size. It is defined by
PAGE_SIZE while boot up, and it can be
configured by software after boot up.
0 not 4k page
1 4k page
8
NFC_FMS
This bit is used to config the NandFlash page size.It is defined by
PAGE_SIZE while boot up,and it can be
configured by software after boot up.
0 not 2k page
1 2k page