[U-Boot] [MX51EVK] u-boot ECC errors flashing NAND

Tiago Maluta tiago.maluta at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:44:06 CET 2011

>> I'm facing ECC errors when flashing u-boot on NAND on MX51EVK-based
>> board. U-Boot "nand write" command doesn't fill out-of-band (OOB)
>> bytes correctly.
>
> The mxc_nand driver in u-boot mainline does not support version 3 of the
> internal NFC controller we find on the i.MX51 processor. You should have
> patched the driver to adapt it for the i.MX51, or you are using other
> sources. If you have patched the actual driver, please post your patch
> for review.

I'd like to adapt u-boot to work with NFC v3. Do you think it's a
difficult task (and the documentation [1] available should be
sufficient) ?

[1] http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/ref_manual/MCIMX51RM.pdf

>> my logs:
>> http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5130/5320148028_7da19d3cf2_o.png
>> http://www.coding.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nand-dump-fail.txt
>> http://www.coding.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/nand-dump-ok.txt
>
> It seems to me you are not using u-boot mainline...

Sorry I forgot to mention, originally I wasn't using u-boot from
mainline (my tests refer to u-boot from freescale -r9.2) but I'm
switching to use u-boot from mainline on the board so I'm asking here
instead of "freescale's channel". Whenever possible, using a free
software solution is the best solution.

--tm