[U-Boot] [MX51EVK] u-boot ECC errors flashing NAND

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Jan 10 15:45:55 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 02:44 PM, Tiago Maluta wrote:
> I'd like to adapt u-boot to work with NFC v3. Do you think it's a
> difficult task (and the documentation [1] available should be
> sufficient) ?
>
> [1] http://cache.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/ref_manual/MCIMX51RM.pdf

I think there is no other documentation, except the Errata for the chip.
My suggestion is to take a look at the linux driver, as NAND is already
supported in mainline linux (if I am not wrong).

I think you can drop the "auto" support in the NAND controller, as this
is helpful with more as one chip. Maybe it can be added in a second time.

> Sorry I forgot to mention, originally I wasn't using u-boot from
> mainline (my tests refer to u-boot from freescale -r9.2) but I'm
> switching to use u-boot from mainline on the board so I'm asking here
> instead of "freescale's channel". Whenever possible, using a free
> software solution is the best solution.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de