[U-Boot] U-boot Config Parameters on Compact Flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 20 13:09:55 CET 2011

Dear "Dach Miroslaw",

In message <1B4F8000449511488D1A640DD6DECA350392A606 at MAILBOX0A.psi.ch> you wrote:

> Compact Flash has few partitions (ie. FAT and EXT2).
> Is it possible to configure u-boot to access (ie. read/write) u-boot parameters which are on Compact Flash as a file?

What do you mean my "u-boot parameters"?

Of course you can for example read a file from a FAT file system on
the CF card, and then import the environment from this.

Note however that the opposite direction is harder: thre is no FAT
write support.

OK, you can read  and write raw sectors, but this is obviously less
flexible (but has the charming benefit to work out of the box).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Anarchy may not be the best form of government, but it's better  than
no government at all.