[U-Boot] U-Boot support for board(s) meesc, otc570

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Jan 21 07:43:08 CET 2011

Dear Daniel Gorsulowski,
> Hello Reinhard,
>
> Reinhard Meyer wrote:
>> Dear Daniel Gorsulowski,

>> The at91sam9260(9xe)ek board builds fine and works.
>
> I can confirm that.
>
>> Use that as a template or reference what to do.
>> You should *only* need to adapt board/*/files and your configs/<board>.h
>> files. And of course updated entries in boards.cfg.
>
> Not quiet. I had to fix arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/at91/at91sam9263_devices.c
> additionally.
Yes, of course... I had only "reworked" the 9260 variant yet. You should need
to change it similarly to at91sam9260_devices.c...

> With my adoptions, my boards builds fine. But they do not boot.
> Can you really confirm that the at91sam9260ek board boots? I have no
> chance to debug my problems, so I have no idea, why my boards does not boot.
Yes it does.

What exactly does "does not boot" mean? No message at all?

Check that your AT91Bootstrap loads u-boot to a sane address not at the very end
of DRAM, and that CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE is exactly the address where AT91Bootstrap
loads u-boot. (I changed AT91Bootstrap to load u-boot to the very begin of DRAM
for our boards.)

> Nevertheless, should I send my patches for reviewing?

Of course. We might see something that helps you.

Best Regards,
Reinhard