[U-Boot] U-Boot support for board(s) meesc, otc570

Daniel Gorsulowski Daniel.Gorsulowski at esd.eu
Fri Jan 21 10:11:57 CET 2011

Dear Reinhard,

Reinhard Meyer wrote:
> Dear Daniel Gorsulowski,
>> Hello Reinhard,
>>
>> Reinhard Meyer wrote:
>>> Dear Daniel Gorsulowski,

>>> The at91sam9260(9xe)ek board builds fine and works.
>>
>> I can confirm that.
>>
>>> Use that as a template or reference what to do.
>>> You should *only* need to adapt board/*/files and your configs/<board>.h
>>> files. And of course updated entries in boards.cfg.
>>
>> Not quiet. I had to fix arch/arm/cpu/arm926ejs/at91/at91sam9263_devices.c
>> additionally.
> Yes, of course... I had only "reworked" the 9260 variant yet. You should
> need
> to change it similarly to at91sam9260_devices.c...
>>
>> With my adoptions, my boards builds fine. But they do not boot.
>> Can you really confirm that the at91sam9260ek board boots? I have no
>> chance to debug my problems, so I have no idea, why my boards does not
>> boot.
> Yes it does.
>
> What exactly does "does not boot" mean? No message at all?

Yes, sorry for indefinite description...
There is no message at all, except for bootrom 'RomBOOT' promt.

> Check that your AT91Bootstrap loads u-boot to a sane address not at the
> very end
> of DRAM, and that CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE is exactly the address where
> AT91Bootstrap
> loads u-boot. (I changed AT91Bootstrap to load u-boot to the very begin
> of DRAM
> for our boards.)

I neither change the AT91Bootstrap nor the CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE address,
so the problem must be located elsewhere.

Today I found out by GPIO debugging, that U-Boot seems to boot but prints
its startup messages to wrong USART with proper baudrate. I'll try to
find out, why there is no output on DBGU.

>> Nevertheless, should I send my patches for reviewing?
>>

> Of course. We might see something that helps you.

Ok, I'll do so.

> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Best regards,