[U-Boot] U-Boot v2010.12 released - Merge Window OPEN

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jan 26 09:36:49 CET 2011

On 01/26/2011 09:17 AM, Alexander Holler wrote:

> The question is the timeframe. I think when many of these boards will
> get removed with the next release, that's a bit short. Finding the stuff
> which doesn't work through the relocation is time consuming and people
> have to find the time to do this for older boards for which they
> currently don't actively develop. E.g for some of the boards under
> active development it has needed the last 3 month.

I come late in the discussion, but personally I would prefer to remove
these boards as to try to let them in mainline in any case. Removing
them is not one-way at all.

If someone has interest can always resubmit a patchset to add the board
again to mainline. This could be also an occasion to clean up ancient
code ;-).

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de