[U-Boot] U-Boot v2010.12 released - Merge Window OPEN

Alexander Holler holler at ahsoftware.de
Wed Jan 26 09:17:33 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 26.01.2011 08:38, schrieb Wolfgang Denk:

>> I think this will cost less time than removing these boards (with the
>> next release) and will give people more time to implement the necessary
>> changes. When those sources get removed, it will be more work to get
>> them in back, therefore I would prefer to leave such boards in the repo
>> for some more time.
>
> Removing is simple, and the only proven way to clean up old mess.
> I see no reason to keep dead, unmaintained code in U-Boot for too
> long.

The question is the timeframe. I think when many of these boards will
get removed with the next release, that's a bit short. Finding the stuff
which doesn't work through the relocation is time consuming and people
have to find the time to do this for older boards for which they
currently don't actively develop. E.g for some of the boards under
active development it has needed the last 3 month.

Regards,

Alexander