[U-Boot] Help with u-boot and network on SDP4430 (Blaze) platform

mdb 101 mdbjem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 22:08:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

   I am having few issues that I am having with u-boot and linux kernel, and
I do not understand it.

   For example,

       If I use latest u-boot, compile it natively for sdp4430, it boots the
26.6.38 kernel, however network interface(eth0) is missing. Even if I
modprobe KS8851 driver the interface is missing, so there is no network.

       If I use older u-boot that is working on blaze platform, Network is
foun when the kernel boots boots up, but kernel hangs later on .

       But latest u-boot and any kernel works on panda board. It always has
network initialized and kernel boots.

      I looked around the u-boot code/config (for panda and blaze), but I
did not see anything that can be causin network interface to come up or
kernel to hang.

      Googling around showed some chage to TEXT_BASE address. So I tried it,
but then u-boot did not work anymore.

   I am a lot confused as to how MLO, u-boot, and kernel are dependent on
what each one does.

  Any help with this is very much appreciated.

 Best Regards
 Miko