[U-Boot] Nested Makefiles

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Jun 16 16:32:01 CEST 2011

Hi,

Is it possible for U-Boot to use a system similar to Linux from 2.6
where it prints out the full pathname of each file it is building, and
doesn't change in and out of directories as it builds. Perhaps
including the subdirectory Makefiles instead using make -C? I haven't
looked at how Linux does it. Is there some reason U-Boot cannot /
should not do the same?

So for example:

$ make all
CC   drivers/spi/tegra2_spi.c
Warning: blah blah blah
CC   board/fred/board.c
CC   arch/arm/lib/board.c
LD   u-boot
$

Unfortunately I don't even know the name for this feature so wasn't
able to find a reference to it in the mailing list archives.

Regards,
Simon