[U-Boot] Run U-boot from Flash!

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Fri Jun 24 16:20:11 CEST 2011

On 06/24/2011 03:53 PM, manojatl wrote:

> Hi,

> We are in the process of porting linux to our custom board. We are using
> u-boot-1.1.6 as bootloader.

Before you waste your time: make a pleasure to yourself and update to
the last U-Boot code, better from GIT repository (git.denx.de). Your
version is so old that it is quite difficult to find someone remembering
details about it.

> We are able to successfully port u-boot in RAM
> to our custom board. But we want to run the u-boot from flash. We understand
> that u-boot is capable of relocating the code from flash to ram.

You have not indicated which architecture you have (ARM,PPC, ...), and
from which board you are basing your porting.

> Expecting a postive response.

Start using last code and check again if you have relevant issues.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de