[U-Boot] SPL framework re-design

Ilya Yanok yanok at emcraft.com
Mon Jun 27 01:17:07 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I've read the whole thread and I really like what Daniel suggests but I just
want to speak it in a little bit different words.

I wonder why do we need this whole spl thing in the first place (well,
surely I know what they are used for but why do we need a separate entity
for this)? Isn't it just the same U-Boot in, well, very special configuration
(minimal set of drivers, no shell, etc)? Why do we need a whole shadow tree
at spl/ instead of just providing the _configuration_?

Am I missing something?

Aneesh, what's the state of your patches? I'm especially interrested in
OMAP3 (AM3517) support. Maybe I will be able to help you.

Regards, Ilya.