[U-Boot] [STATUS] v2011.06 release, Merge Window is OPEN

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 28 20:21:58 CEST 2011

Dear Loïc,

In message <20110628152416.GC31789 at bee.dooz.org> you wrote:
> >   Board maintainers or other interested parties are requested to
> >   adapt their boards within the current merge window. All boards that
> >   have not been fixed within the first week of the merge window are
> >   considered unmaintained and without interest to the community and
> >   will be removed.
>
>  It's funny how this reminds me of package build failures in Debian; in
>  such cases, we start by publishing the list of affected packages
>  ideally with links to build logs and the name of corresponding
>  maintainers.  After a while, we actually start Cc:ing the maintainers
>  or filing bug reports against each failing package.

This has started with v2010.09, and deadlines have been made clear.
I have no intentions to discuss this much longer now.  Either it
builds, or it gets removed.

>  Would it make sense to publish such a list of broken boards and
>  corresponding maintainers?  (Maybe some makeall + scripts magic?)

No kind of script magic is needed. Just run "./MAKEALL arm".

And a list has been posted before. See

06/22 To:u-boot at lists.d  [U-Boot] [STATUS] v2011.06-rc3 released

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/101894

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.