[U-Boot] Microblaze: how to generate correct xparameters.h file

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Mon Mar 7 12:38:25 CET 2011

Hi,

llandre wrote:
> Hi all,
> a colleague is facing the following problem.
> When using ISE/EDK 12.4 to build a microblaze-based system, the
> xparameters.h file that is generated do not match u-boot sources so I
> can't build U-Boot. In fact #defines included in this file are prefixed
> by XPAR_ while U-Boot sources expect them to be prefixed by XILINX_. So
> how to generate correct xparameter.h file? I suspect we have some
> misconfigured flag in ISE/EDK environment ...
> Any help would be appreciated.

Some years ago I have created one page for it.
http://www.monstr.eu/wiki/doku.php?id=uboot:uboot

No everything is up2date but most of things should work.
I am using u-boot BSP to generate xparameters.h and config.mk which are used for u-boot
configuration. This approach is also integrated to PetaLinux.

If you want to use xparameters.h from edk then you should look at git.xilinx.com.
Their version uses huge xparameters.h.

The name is the same which could be a reason why you are confused.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)