[U-Boot] cfi: Problem with Intel Strata 28F320 flash

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Tue Mar 8 14:08:26 CET 2011

Hello,

as I am actual trying to get the keymile boards in sync with actual
mainline u-boot, I faced the following Problem with an Intel Strata
Flash on the mgcoge (mpc8247 based board):

I couldn;t unprotect/erase/write/protect some (not all!) Flash sectors.

For Example, I could do this without errors on the sectors where
u-boot sits (First three sectors), but not with the environment (next
two sectors)!

After some debugging, I found out, that, if I revert commit

commit 54652991caedc39b2ec2e5b49e750669bfcd1e2e
Author: Philippe De Muyter <phdm at macqel.be>
Date:   Tue Aug 17 18:40:25 2010 +0200

    Work around bug in Numonyx P33/P30 256-Mbit 65nm flash chips.

    I have "ported" U-boot to a in house made board with Numonyx Axcell P33/P30
    256-Mbit 65nm flash chips.

    After some time :( searching for bugs in our board or soft, we have
    discovered that those chips have a small but annoying bug, documented in
    "Numonyx Axcell P33/P30 256-Mbit Specification Update"
[...]

It works again fine, and without problems ... did somebody faced
similiar issues with the cfi driver? Some Ideas?

bye,
Heiko