[U-Boot] building uncompressed image

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Thu May 5 23:13:33 CEST 2011

I am a bit confused with mkimage. I am trying to build and boot an
uncompressed image for a ppc8323. I can run mkimage with a "-C none"
option and get a 3.6Mbyte kernel (compressed it is about 1.6MBytes),
but when I boot it with bootm, I hang after loading the device tree
near 0x03ffxxxx.

It certainly may be possible that the larger, uncompressed kernel is
stepping on the ram location of the device tree, but I dont yet know
now to manipulate the address where the fdt is loaded. I try to use
mkimage with a .its file, but mkimage doesnt seem to accept the "-f
device.its" argument where I define the kernel and the device tree
.dtb file.

I would appreciate a few pointers on how one might get an uncompressed
image booting in u-boot and if possible, I would like to understand
and use the  "-x" for xip option.

--
Charles Krinke