[U-Boot] Problem with board bring up with 8308 processor.

Sinan Akman sinan at writeme.com
Sun May 8 19:58:44 CEST 2011

Sharath Kurudi wrote:
> HI,
>     I am new to U boot. I am trying to port a custom board with 8308
> processor, Uboot code is stored on a NOR flash. I am able to program the NOR
> flash. I am using a BDI programmer to program the UBOOT.

   Can you send all what you see in the BDI telnet command line from
reset up until you program your flash. Include the result of info cmd
after your run prog as well.

> [...]
>
> I get the following error on single stepping with BDI
>
> Waiting for target stop failed
> - TARGET: Break at boot vector failed, freeze forced

   Where do you start single stepping from ? Does it ever break
properly after reset ?

> 4) I have checked the HRESET word, it seems to be fine. Ihave also checked
> BR0, OR0 and local access window settings.

   At which point are you checking those if your BDI never stops ?
Are you perhaps referring that your config file includes all the
correct settings, if so send that part of your config file as well.

   -- sinan