[U-Boot] Problem with board bring up with 8308 processor.

Sharath Kurudi skurudi at gmail.com
Sun May 8 11:06:48 CEST 2011

HI,
    I am new to U boot. I am trying to port a custom board with 8308
processor, Uboot code is stored on a NOR flash. I am able to program the NOR
flash. I am using a BDI programmer to program the UBOOT.
1) For some reason, the booting stops with COP status 5.
2) I even tried single stepping debug with a BDI, but even that fails. Once
I power on the board the booting stops with  COP status 5 . I do not get any
prints on the console
3) For some reason the Code Warrior tool from Freescale does not support the
NOR Flash type used on the board.

I get the following error on single stepping with BDI

Waiting for target stop failed
- TARGET: Break at boot vector failed, freeze forced

4) I have checked the HRESET word, it seems to be fine. Ihave also checked
BR0, OR0 and local access window settings.
5) mmd of the nor flash properly shows the HRESET settings.

Please help me on this.

Thanks
Sharath