[U-Boot] allocated section `.bss' not in segment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 9 07:46:08 CEST 2011

Dear Ramya B T,

In message <BANLkTim+b6nofNdZsgAa1Y6xgF-qkZasWQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am trying to compile Uboot for zeus board. But I am getting this linker
> error.
>
> *allocated section `.bss' not in segment*
> **

This appears to be a tool chain problem: the code is building fine for
me:

$ ./MAKEALL zeus
Configuring for zeus board...
 211450   19260   46250  276960   439e0 /work/wd/tmp-ppc/u-boot

--------------------- SUMMARY ----------------------------
Boards compiled: 1

> As I am new to Uboot, I am not able to figure out how to get rid of
> this. When I use arm toolchain-2007 to cross compile, in addition to the
> above error, am also facing a *Segmentation Fault error. *

Um... 2007 was 4 years ago. You must not expect that you can
successfully use a stone-age hand-axe to fix your mobile phone.

> When I use montavista, I get* bad -rpath option error.*

Please contact MontaVista technical support for this question.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra