[U-Boot] Does usbtty work on omap3?

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed May 11 02:14:12 CEST 2011

<manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz>wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have usbtty partially  working on omap3 (overo board). Unfortunately
> > the byte stream gets corrupted. It looks like some sort of buffer / fifo
> > corruption or similar with old bytes being sent and some bytes being
> > dropped.
> >
> > Does anyone have this actually working reliably?
>
> It is also not reliable for me.  There was an alternative implementation, I
> believe originating from a combination of TI and RidgeRun, for which
> patches were made public, but the current upstream has data corruption in
> it.

I hunted around for a bit but could not find those patches. Can you point me
at it?

What is somewhat annoying is that the old code (~2008) actually worked well,
but that was replaced with broken code from Wind River :-(.

> I'm looking into getting the issue staffed by TI, but this is a
> nice-to-have feature currently so it is at a low priority.

I would argue that it is more than just nice to have. USB is an excellent way
to load up data in a manufacturing jig etc and beats any other way to load up
software.

Thanks

-- Charles