[U-Boot] mpc5567

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 25 13:30:47 CEST 2011

Dear Cengiz.Uenver at Bergerelektronik.de,

In message <OF2D3C57BC.4F3C8B7E-ONC125789B.0029DAB7-C125789B.002A000F at star-cooperation.com> you wrote:

> ich arbeite gerade an einem projekt mit dem MPC5567 von Freescale und
> suche nach einem passenden Bootloader, da bin ich auf diese Website
> gestoßen. Ist es möglich diesen "U-Boot" Bootloader für diesen uC zu
> benutzen ohne Linux-Betriebssystem ?

Please note that this is an international mailing list, so please post
in English here.  Thanks.

Q: "Can I use U-Boot on a MPC5567 based board?"

A: Yes, there should be no fundamental problems to port U-Boot on such
a system.

Note that such a port, even if more or less straightforward, is not
exactly a trivial task.

> Ich muss später über die Ethernet Schnittstelle meinen MPC5567 flashen
> also kurzgesagt: Ethernet (PC) => XCP => Ethernet (MPC5567) => Bootlo
> ader
> => MPC5567

Q: "Can I update the flash over ethernet"?

Yes, you can. U_Boot supports file download through TFTP or NFS, and
of course you can erase and program the flash with the loaded images.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are
lost.