[U-Boot] [RFC] Review of U-Boot timer API

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu May 26 07:55:58 CEST 2011

Le 26/05/2011 07:25, Graeme Russ a écrit :

> I think we can still rationalise the timer API as suggested which, as
> a minimum will:
>
>   - Not diminish current functionality for any platform
>   - Will dramatically reduce the current amount of code duplication
>   - Improve functionality on some platforms
>   - Simplify the whole API
>
> and then start banging on arch maintainers heads to implement the trivial
> ISR to kick the prescaler:

I personally am in favor of cooperation rather than coercion, so please,
ask before banging on heads. :)

> void timer_isr(void *unused)
> {
> 	prescaler();
> }
>
> Regards,
>
> Graeme

Seems like we're asymptotically getting to some kind of agreement. For
the sake of clarity, could someone summarize what the expected API would
be, so that I save my scalp and start looking as the order in which
changes should be done on ARM?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.