[U-Boot] x86 cleanup patches

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 13:15:42 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang, Gabe,

I have two x86 tidy-up patch series that I intend to apply in the next 2-3
weeks to a 'next' branch on the x86 repo. Being 'next', these patches are
intended for the current merge window which closes on December 12

Please be aware that the latest series (checkpatch cleanup) is designed to
be applied first, but it was actually created _after_ the 'Various x86
cleanups' series and hence, there is a wee little bit of incompatibility
between the two (and silly me should have called the latest one v0 as
well...). The conflicts aren't so bad - I already have them resolved but
the second series is not checkpatch clean yet. Before I apply this series
to 'next' I will be posting a unified patch set in the next week or so - It
will be a 12 part series which will line up 1-to-1 so I'll be setting the
in-reply-to to thread from the current patches. In the meantime, please:

1) Have a look at the two independent series and let me know if there is
any glaring issues I need to address
2) Let me know if you need more than two weeks
3) Be prepared to rebase any current x86 patches against 'next' in three
weeks time (unless otherwise informed)

Gabe, going by this schedule, there will be a good two weeks between the
x86 cleanup hitting 'next' and the merge window closing - I think this
should be plenty of time to get the rebased coreboot patches onto the
mailing list before the merge window closes, and ideally into x86/next for
a speedy pull into mainline before the end of the year :)

Regards,

Graeme