[U-Boot] x86 cleanup patches

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 6 20:09:04 CET 2011

Dear Graeme Russ,

In message <4EB67A6E.2090902 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have two x86 tidy-up patch series that I intend to apply in the next 2-3
> weeks to a 'next' branch on the x86 repo. Being 'next', these patches are
> intended for the current merge window which closes on December 12

You confuse me.

Currently the merge window is closed.  The next release is scheduled
for December 12.  ONly then, the _next_ merge window will open.

> Please be aware that the latest series (checkpatch cleanup) is designed to
> be applied first, but it was actually created _after_ the 'Various x86
> cleanups' series and hence, there is a wee little bit of incompatibility
> between the two (and silly me should have called the latest one v0 as
> well...). The conflicts aren't so bad - I already have them resolved but
> the second series is not checkpatch clean yet. Before I apply this series
> to 'next' I will be posting a unified patch set in the next week or so - It
> will be a 12 part series which will line up 1-to-1 so I'll be setting the
> in-reply-to to thread from the current patches. In the meantime, please:

This being mostly cleanup, and we still being relatively early in the
stabilization phase, I would also accept this stuff now.

> 1) Have a look at the two independent series and let me know if there is
> any glaring issues I need to address

I will, time permitting.

?

?

> Gabe, going by this schedule, there will be a good two weeks between the
> x86 cleanup hitting 'next' and the merge window closing - I think this

Which merge window are you talking about?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
GUIs  are  virtually  useless.  Learn  tools.  They're  configurable,
scriptable, automatable, cron-able, interoperable, etc. We don't need
no brain-dead winslurping monolithic claptrap.
                               -- Tom Christiansen in 371140df at csnews