[U-Boot] x86 cleanup patches

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:46:13 CET 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

On 07/11/11 06:09, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Graeme Russ,
>
> In message <4EB67A6E.2090902 at gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> I have two x86 tidy-up patch series that I intend to apply in the next 2-3
>> weeks to a 'next' branch on the x86 repo. Being 'next', these patches are
>> intended for the current merge window which closes on December 12
>
> You confuse me.
>
> Currently the merge window is closed.  The next release is scheduled
> for December 12.  ONly then, the _next_ merge window will open.

Oops, what you're saying is what I meant - next merge window

>> Please be aware that the latest series (checkpatch cleanup) is designed to
>> be applied first, but it was actually created _after_ the 'Various x86
>> cleanups' series and hence, there is a wee little bit of incompatibility
>> between the two (and silly me should have called the latest one v0 as
>> well...). The conflicts aren't so bad - I already have them resolved but
>> the second series is not checkpatch clean yet. Before I apply this series
>> to 'next' I will be posting a unified patch set in the next week or so - It
>> will be a 12 part series which will line up 1-to-1 so I'll be setting the
>> in-reply-to to thread from the current patches. In the meantime, please:
>
> This being mostly cleanup, and we still being relatively early in the
> stabilization phase, I would also accept this stuff now.

OK - There is only one patch that adds new 'features' - The 'Add multiboot
header' but that's just some canned static data, no code

>> 1) Have a look at the two independent series and let me know if there is
>> any glaring issues I need to address
>
> I will, time permitting.

Thanks

>> 2) Let me know if you need more than two weeks
>
> ?
>
>> 3) Be prepared to rebase any current x86 patches against 'next' in three
>> weeks time (unless otherwise informed)
>
> ?
>
>> Gabe, going by this schedule, there will be a good two weeks between the
>> x86 cleanup hitting 'next' and the merge window closing - I think this
>
> Which merge window are you talking about?

Sorry for the confusion - I intend to get Gabe's patches into x86/next as
soon as the next merge window opens on December 12

Regards,

Graeme