[U-Boot] Improve default "make" targets (ALL-y)

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Fri Nov 11 14:41:46 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011, Tom Rini wrote:
> Any omap3/omap4/omap5/am335x where you generate MLO you want
> u-boot.img rather than u-boot.bin, even for panda iirc.

 Thanks for the hint; I'll follow that rule for OMAP3/OMAP4 boards we
 build in Debian ATM; Aneesh pointed at the Makefile snippet which adds
 u-boot.img on omap3 and omap4 platforms, sounds good to me.

 There are other architectures where it's less obvious:

Debian architecture     board           target
avr32                   hammerhead      u-boot.img
i386                    eNET            u-boot.bin
mipsel                  dbau1100        u-boot.img
mips                    qemu_mips       u-boot.img
powerpc                 ZUMA            u-boot.img
sh4                     r2dplus         u-boot.img
sh4                     sh7785lcr_32bit u-boot.img
sparc                   gr_xc3s_1500    u-boot.img

 I didn't check for each of the single boards above, I wonder whether I
 can tell from the u-boot source code (if it's correct) whether indeed
 u-boot.img or u-boot.bin is the correct binary to ship for that board.

 [ Ideally, "make" would also build the right one, or perhaps "make
 install" or some other special target which represents the final
 deliverables for that board. ]

--
Loïc Minier