[U-Boot] SSBI driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 17 20:13:25 CET 2011

Dear hanumant,

In message <4EC55809.2090704 at codeaurora.org> you wrote:

>    I am trying to implement a SSBI driver for a board. . The driver is
> meant to be portable to multiple boards by the same vendor.

Maybe you would get more help if you explained what SSBI might be.
Is it:

SSBI	Single Scope Background Investigation
SSBI	Species-Specific Biological Information
SSBI	Salomon Smith Barney Inc. (bank)
SSBI	Stichting Stimulering Bedrijfsmatig Imkeren

If you happen to mean "Single-Wire Serial Bus Interface" then you
should probably use the more common name "1-wire".

> 1)Would drivers/misc/ be the right location to implement this driver?

I would expect to find such drivers in  drivers/w1/  as used in Linux.

> 2)If not can I make a ($vendor)-common in the cpu directory to implement
> the driver given that the driver is going to be applicable for multiple
> socs by the same vendor. ie have something like the below.

That makes no sense.  If in doubt, look at the organization of the
Linux tree.  There such code is in  drivers/w1/  and I see no reason
why we would have to do different.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.