[U-Boot] SSBI driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 17 20:45:17 CET 2011

Dear hanumant,

please always keep the mailing list on Cc:

In message <4EC561A4.8050705 at codeaurora.org> you wrote:

> > If you happen to mean "Single-Wire Serial Bus Interface" then you
> > should probably use the more common name "1-wire".
> Thanks. Yes it is Single-Wire Serial Bus Interface.
> Yes, now that you suggest this I do think this would be more appropriate.
> Though looking at the u-boot master branch, I don't find any drivers/w1.

We don't have generic 1-wire drivers yet.  The only one I'm aware of
is a custom driver deeply embedded into the code of ESD's CPCI405
board (see board/esd/cpci405/cpci405.c).

> Do you suggest I create a w1 directory based on the linux kernel
> implementation and add my 1-wire (ssbi) driver to it.

Yes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If something is different, it's either better or worse,  and  usually
both.                                                    - Larry Wall