[U-Boot] checkpatch compliance

Gerlando Falauto gerlando.falauto at keymile.com
Thu Nov 17 21:10:22 CET 2011

On 10/08/2011 12:28 AM, Joe Hershberger wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> I'm attempting to make the files I touched in several recent
> patch-series chechkpatch.pl compliant.
>
> I've hit several cases which fail and probably shouldn't.  For each of
> these cases, should the warning / error just be ignored or reported to
> checkpatch maintainers or altered some other way?

What is wrong with something like:

ERROR: do not initialise statics to 0 or NULL
#35: FILE: serial.c:32:
+static struct serial_device *serial_devices = NULL;

ERROR: do not initialise statics to 0 or NULL
#36: FILE: serial.c:33:
+static struct serial_device *serial_current = NULL;

Since it's a bootloader, should we also ignore it with:

--ignore INITIALISED_STATIC

Or maybe not?

Thanks,
Gerlando