[U-Boot] MPC8536 problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 24 12:38:18 CET 2011

Dear "David Lynch Jr.",

In message <1322109868.27713.59.camel at hp-dv9500> you wrote:
> I am bringing u-boot-2009.03-rc1 up on an MPC8536 target, and I am
> having some problems reading DDR, suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

This code is more than 2.5 years old.  Consider it obsolete and
unsupported.

> I am using this particular u-boot, because the client succeeded in
> getting that working on an MPC8536DS (that I do not have access to). I
> can not even get the serial port working on the target with newer
> versions of u-boot.

Please switch to recent code (top of tree from git repository).  The
address the problems one by one, as you run into them.

Thinking problems will go away if you ignore them or if you use
ancient code is but a misconception.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A memorandum is written not to inform the reader, but to protect  the
writer.                                               -- Dean Acheson