[U-Boot] P2020 L2 cache as SRAM

DarkKhan muratkarahan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:07:45 CEST 2011

Hi Scott,

I need your help with an issue ,i think, related to this topic.

I have P2020RDB development kit and try to boot it from nand flash using
u-boot codes.

But unfortunately,  nand boot process is trapped. Once i have changed the
value of the CONFIG_SYS_INIT_L2_ADDR definition from F8F80000 to the
F7F80000, than that  problem has been disappeared. Why ?! Any idea ?

Also i wonder, why this CONFIG_SYS_INIT_L2_ADDR is chosen as F8F80000  for
the L2 SRAM base adress through the u-boot codes.

Those codes can be found form those links below:

http://gitorious.org/beagleboard-validation/u-boot/blobs/f51cdaf19141151ce2b40d562a468605340f2315/arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/cpu_init_nand.c
(=> Line number 48)

http://gitorious.org/beagleboard-validation/u-boot/blobs/525f6c3add71c0fba0911d770bba5e9282be0cf2/include/configs/P1_P2_RDB.h
(=> Line number 106)

I couldn't undertand  why  f8f80000 address is chosen for L2 SRAM base
adress in the the u-boot P1_P2_RDB.h header file?

thnx for
your
attention.

-murat