[U-Boot] Syncing custodian tree (the new way) - What am I doing wrong?

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Tue Oct 25 13:05:49 CEST 2011

Le 25/10/2011 09:53, Wolfgang Denk a écrit :
> Dear Graeme Russ,
>
> In message<4EA66869.7000106 at gmail.com>  you wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong trying to sync my local x86
>> repo as per the 'new' instructions on the wiki. This is what I get:
>
> I did not write (and actually not even read yet) these new
> instructions, so I cannot comment on this.
>
>> graeme at helios:~/Source/U-Boot/x86$ git rebase ${upstream}/master
>> fatal: Needed a single revision
>> invalid upstream u-boot/master
>
> Albert?

(answering from my non-U-boot address)

I did write the changes, and I think I did post an announcement on the
U-Boot list about it.

Re: Greame's problem:

I should have made it clear that '${upstream}' is just a way to
represent the upstream tree, either u-boot or u-boot-arm. The actual
command for x86 should thus be

	git rebase u-boot/master

(or whatever name you gave to the upstream tree remote)

Alternatively, one could do

	setenv upstream u-boot
or
	set upstream=u-boot

depending on the shell used.

I'll amend the Wiki pages to make that clear.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Amicalement,
--