[U-Boot] Failed to created image file

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Oct 27 19:46:01 CEST 2011

On Thursday 27 October 2011 18:29:55 Sadashiva wrote:
>         To flash the u-boot image on board through tftp board expects in
> u-boot.img format only. I cannot flash the u-boot.bin file. Like the code
> specific or board specfic requires in certain format. So I, need help on
> how build u-boot.img or image format file or else how to convert the
> u-boot.bin file to u-boot.img file.
>
> I am using PowerPC405GPr. U-boot.img is an image file to flash on board to
> bring the u-boot on board.

Might be that some other processors need some special header/image format for
U-Boot to get loaded correctly. But I' very sure that the PPC405GP(r) doesn't
need this. This CPU just needs the u-boot.bin file programmed at the correct
location. And this is the end of the FLASH, so that it can fetch its reset
vector from address 0xfffffffc.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de