[U-Boot] [RFC 0/3] omap: gpio: User generic (instead of custom) API

Luca Ceresoli luca.ceresoli at comelit.it
Thu Sep 1 18:48:58 CEST 2011

Hi Sanjeev,

Sanjeev Premi wrote:
> The OMAP boards use a custom api for GPIO operations. While
> it works, it doesn't help when when we don't know existence
> of the customization.
>
> I earlier encountered the problem when looking for GPIO
> related changes when submitting prev set of patches. Since
> the search for gpio_request() in omap sources returned empty,
> I had assumed that it isn't supported.
>
> This patchset attempts to adapt the current implementation
> to use generic API.
>
> Since, the changes impact all OMAP boards, and I wouldn't be
> able to test on all, I decided to submit changes as RFC.
> Unless any major issue is found, I will be able to submit
> as formal patch by end of this week.

Tested and working on the dig297 board, on top of the master
branch in the u-boot-ti repository.

I also tried to merge your work on the u-boot-arm repo, but it
conflicts with the GPIO work recently committed there. You might
want to rebase and resubmit when the -ti repo will be in line with
the -arm one.

Anyway, for the current version:
Tested-by: Luca Ceresoli <luca.ceresoli at comelit.it>

Luca