[U-Boot] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Link stage error of porting uboot2011-06

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Sun Sep 4 09:44:32 CEST 2011

Hi larry,

Seems this mail of yours slipped through, sorry.

Le 08/08/2011 04:04, larry a écrit :

> As your suggestion for me,Albert,I upgrade to
> "fa82f871c8dbc9a15e8dc274b3f99dd5fa0da458" by Git.This is the latest
> version i found on Git .And modified some places to make uboot buildable.
> Now arm-linux-readelf has no longer warns "segmentation fault", but after
> i burn u-boot.bin into flash,still nothing happened.I vim readelf.result
> and i found the file type is "DYN (Shared object file)" not "executeable".
> I try another cpu config such as smdk2410_config and b2_config,then
> arm-linux-readelf ,but the results are the same "DYN (Shared object file)".
> could you help me for explaining this.thx a lot.

This is probably because the output is a relocatable executable --
nothing to worry about, I'd say.

As for the "nothing happened" part, well, you need to debug the target
with a probe and single-step to make sure the u-boot code is executed
correctly or find out where it is not.

> Best regards
> larry

Amicalement,