[U-Boot] Problems when copying data from flash to ram

philipp zaugg elhobit at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 6 16:05:23 CEST 2011

Hello U-booters

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm working on a tx25 target.

I need to start my linux system from nand flash. i can load the kernel-uImage from tftp and start it directly without any problem. I stored the image to the a mtd partition.

nand write.jffs2 0x81000000 kernel1

To continue I need to power off the System for a while. The first or the first few loadings of the kernel works but afterwards it is not any more possible to load the kernel correctly. the following commands have been done in one succession

=> nand read 0x81000000 kernel1

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x80000, size 0x400000
 4194304 bytes read: OK
=> iminfo

## Checking Image at 81000000 ...
   Legacy image found
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.31
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1812416 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
=> nand read 0x81000000 kernel1

NAND read: device 0 offset 0x80000, size 0x400000
 4194304 bytes read: OK
=> iminfo

## Checking Image at 81000000 ...
   Legacy image found
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.31
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1812416 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ...    Bad Data CRC
=>

Does anybody have an idea where the problem comes from.