[U-Boot] Problems when copying data from flash to ram

elhobit elhobit at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 6 19:18:06 CEST 2011

Am 06.09.2011 16:24, schrieb Marek Vasut:
> On Tuesday, September 06, 2011 04:05:23 PM wrote:
>> Hello U-booters
>>
>> Hopefully someone can help me. I'm working on a tx25 target.
>>
>> I need to start my linux system from nand flash. i can load the
>> kernel-uImage from tftp and start it directly without any problem. I
>> stored the image to the a mtd partition.
>>
>> nand write.jffs2 0x81000000 kernel1
>>
>> To continue I need to power off the System for a while. The first or the
>> first few loadings of the kernel works but afterwards it is not any more
>> possible to load the kernel correctly. the following commands have been
>> done in one succession
>>
>> =>  nand read 0x81000000 kernel1
>>
>> NAND read: device 0 offset 0x80000, size 0x400000
>>   4194304 bytes read: OK
>> =>  iminfo
>>
>> ## Checking Image at 81000000 ...
>>     Legacy image found
>>     Image Name:   Linux-2.6.31
>>     Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>>     Data Size:    1812416 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
>>     Load Address: 80008000
>>     Entry Point:  80008000
>>     Verifying Checksum ... OK
>> =>  nand read 0x81000000 kernel1
>>
>> NAND read: device 0 offset 0x80000, size 0x400000
>>   4194304 bytes read: OK
>> =>  iminfo
>>
>> ## Checking Image at 81000000 ...
>>     Legacy image found
>>     Image Name:   Linux-2.6.31
>>     Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>>     Data Size:    1812416 Bytes = 1.7 MiB
>>     Load Address: 80008000
>>     Entry Point:  80008000
>>     Verifying Checksum ...    Bad Data CRC
>> =>
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea where the problem comes from.
> What version of uboot do you use ? btw try ubi/ubifs, might be better than jffs
> on big NAND devices.
>
> Cheers

I use U-Boot 2011.03

I have no idea how to save the Image on a ubi, sorry I'm quiet new to
U-Boot. I tried the following instructions without any success

nand write.ubi/ubifs
nand write.ubi
nand write.ubifs
ubi
help ubi

Where can I find the manual for nand and ubi? I didn't find it on the
denx wiki.

Greez