[U-Boot] Anyone know anything about the Qualcom Snapdragon APQ8060?

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 13:00:03 CEST 2011

Hi All,

The Qualcom Snapdragon APQ8060 is a dual-core 'Scorpion' ARM7 SoC with a
whole lot of other nifty features. Product brief here:

http://www.qualcomm.com/documents/files/snapdragon-msm8x60-apq8060-product-brief.pdf

This is the beastie used in the now famously discontinued HP TouchPad (of
which I managed to score a 32GB model for $148)

Does anyone know anything more about this device? A datasheet and/or users
guide, design manual etc would be _really_ nice. BSQUARE appear to be the
distributer & supporter, so I asked them - Upshot is that if I buy a
'device' (development kit I assime) I can log onto their download section
and get a copy. Unfortunately they do not have any devices in stock, and I
don't have the money ($1350) to buy one. So I'm wondering on the off chance
that someone here might now a bit more info on how to get my hands on the
specs/manuals/datasheets etc

Regards,

Graeme

P.S. If you have obtained said info under a confidentiality agreement,
please DO NOT send it to me. Thanks.