[U-Boot] P4080 target with more than 1 dimm on each ddr3 controller?

York Sun yorksun at freescale.com
Wed Sep 7 18:22:05 CEST 2011

Robert,

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 13:34 -0400, Robert Sciuk wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with a P4080 target which has more than 1
> sodimm slot on each controller?  I'm having some difficulties accessing
> memory on the higher order dimms, but the SPD data are correctly
> enumerated by the FSL ddr3 code.
>
> Just wondering if this is a known problem before I dig in ...

I am not aware of any problem of doing this. You may want to double
check the dynamic ODT. I have not verified it with two-slot system. You
can pick up the interactive ddr debugging patch
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/111818/. You will be able to fine tune
all parameters without reflashing the board. Please post any finding you
have.

York